RBKA is run and managed by a Committee comprising a Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and three members. For 2017-2018 these are:
- Rick Colman [Chairperson] – ChairRBKA@btinternet.com
- Simon Lathlean [Treasurer] – TreasurerRBKA@btinternet.com
- John Sutherland [Vice-chair, acting Secretary, webmaster] Ryedalebees@btinternet.com
- Rhona Sutherland [Education Member]
- Philip Closier [Equipment Member]
- Adrian Wilford [Seasonal Bee Inspector]
Two associations with which RBKA is closely linked are the British Beekeepers Association [BBKA] and the Yorkshire Beekeepers Association [YBKA]. More information on these groups and their roles in regional and national beekeeping may be found on their websites.
The National Bee Unit site, BeeBase, has a great deal of information on bees and beekeeping, as well as a number of useful resources and surveys which can be downloaded and/or accessed online.
- Beekeeping Forum
- BBKA Forum, on their main site
- Scottish Beekeepers Forum
- Beemaster’s International Beekeeping Forum
- National Bee Unit this is where you can access Beebase an extraordinarily useful resource. All members are encouraged to register and use this facility.
- Dave Cushman Beekeeping and Bee Breeding
- Bee tight is an interesting and useful site that allows records of your apiary to be kept, and updated, online. Free membership allows records for up to six hives to be stored through your PC or Mac, and there are apps available for Ios and Android-based mobile systems
- Bee-craft, a useful magazine by subscription
Pollination [with an American slant]
[suggested by Laura in New Orleans, USA – yes, we are international]
Guide to Beekeeping for Adults and Kids
Why Bees and Pollination Are So Important